Not "just another titanium fatbike". The Witjira is the end result of countless klms ridden on varied terrain. Sand, snow, singletrack, fireroads and some very long days in the saddle.
As the original model in our range. The frame that started Muru on it's. The Witjira has a special place in our hearts. It's also very versatile. The 170mm rear leeds itself to the new Rohloff XL rear internally geared hub. As the original frame in our "Overlander" range, the Witjira is most at home on remote beaches, outback trails, and tracks.
Named after Witjira National Park in Central Australia and designed to deal with all terrain.
- a medium (18") frame weighs a genuine 1700 grams.
- clean classic lines
- choice of vertical (std) dropouts or optional rocker style dropouts
- our frames carriy a Lifetime warranty.
- A 170mm rear hub spacing
- 100mm bottom bracket
- Clearance for up to 4.5" tyres (on 80mm rims)
- "Overlander" geometry designed for long days in the saddle.
- front end geometry is designed around a 465mm axle to crown (rigid) fork.
- Our dual ovalized downtube adds strength and saves weight.
- The new ZS44 headtube means that you can run either straight or tapered steerers with ease.
- A replaceable deraileur hanger is fitted (and a spare is included),
- There are rear rack mounts and triple cage mounts under the downtube
- Build kits available in Shimano SLX, XT and SRAM X01.
- Seatpost is 31.6. (meaning that you can get either std, dropper or suspension posts to fit)
- Polished finish with subtle sanded graphics. Nothing gaudy here.
- Available in 14" (XS) - 16" (S) - 18" (M) - 20" (L) - 22" (XL)
- choice of vertical (std) dropouts or option Muru rocker dropouts
- Rohloff specific model with rocker dropouts and seatstay joiner
Complete build kits
We offer complete build kits for the Witjira Overlander frame. We've priced them to be very affordable (well, as affordable as titanium can be) In fact, our Witjira Overlander with SLX or XT build is (in Australia) actually less expensive than many "other" brands cro-moly or alloy offerings with similar spec.
All Muru frames use "open" cable guides. This means that there are no cable "stops" at any point on the frame. This allows you to run full housing all the way from the shifters to the deraileurs (or Rohloff as the case may be).
If running a front deraileur, please ensure that you select a front deraileur with the cable stop built in.